The wait for 10 lakh applicants is over now as, today, the results for of Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2017 have been declared. The Central Board of Secondary Education’s (CBSE) has made the ranks available on the official website jeemain.nic.in. The prestigious exam was held on 2nd April (Offline mode) and 8th and 9th April (Online mode) for entrance to the premier engineering institutes in India including the IITs, IIITs, and various NITs. Apart from this, many other engineering colleges consider JEE Main score.
How to check results?
Candidates can check their JEE Main 2017 rank by submitting their Roll Number and Date of Birth on the official website by following below steps.
- Visit official website of JEE Main – jeemain.nic.in
- Click on the announcement tab titled – Result Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2017- With Rank
- Enter your JEE Main 2017 Roll Number and Date of Birth and then, click Submit to view results.
Meanwhile, checking the results, it is notable though that the ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has announced earlier two changes in JEE 2017:
- No weight-age would be given to 12th class marks while calculating JEE (Main) examination ranks.
- Candidates will be considered to qualify for admission into IITs/NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Main)/JEE (Advanced) ranks, only if they have secured at least 75% marks, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by boards. SC/ST students need to secure 65% in the 12th class examination.
Stay tuned for JEE (Advanced) and further result related information.