Chemistry is a very important subject in the science stream. Just like Physics, the subject is highly important for all the students as its score is considered in all admissions. Chemistry is known to be an easy scoring subject as compared to other subjects both in board exams as well as competitive tests. However, chemistry requires memorization beyond conceptual clarity.
Just like any other Science subject, Chemistry also needs thorough conceptual understanding and continual practice throughout the lectures. Nevertheless, the last few days are important for students to brush up on critical concepts and it can help students who are struggling to secure passing marks. For students who are eyeing the top colleges that require sky-high grades, revising all the concepts is an important strategy for scoring best to the capabilities.
However, be aware that you cannot master Chemistry in a few days but the time can easily help you to gain or lose 20 marks if used or wasted. Like we shared tips for Studying Physics in the last few days, here are a few tips on how to maximise the effectiveness of your preparation in the last few days.
- Important topics: As mentioned, board exam in comparison to competitive exams are highly predictable and the student can easily identify the key topics. Few of these easy scoring topics are:
- Numerical problems from Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, and Solutions
- Make notes on Inorganic Chemistry reactions and processes
- Among all, Organic Chemistry os most scoring subject and topics like Aldehyde-Ketones, Phenols-Carboxylic Acid and Alcohols are very important.
- Check model answers: For any subject, model test papers are very important as their answers cover all the key touchpoints for students to maximise their scores. In fact, it is important to understand how to answer the questions with maximum possible details and explanation in order to not lose marks.
All the good publishers or online websites provide such answers for students.
- Previous year or model tests: Model tests and previous year test papers are very important for any exam. However, as board exams are simpler and predictable, model papers and previous year exams simplify the revision by a huge margin.
While previous papers and the questions asked in previous years help the student understand the types of questions, model test papers are the closest to actual exam pattern. It is very important to consult both in order to identify the topics which can fetch easy marks.
- Studying at the right time: It is very important to train your brain to perform at some specific time of the day. Students studying during the night and sleeping during the afternoon would find it tough to think and perform during the afternoon when the actual board exam is held. Thus, it is advisable to maintain a healthy sleep and learn to perform during the 9 AM -12 noon.
- Board guidelines and exam pattern: The communication issued by the board and other bodies conducting the exam is important for the student to do best in preparation.
Keep following the myPAT blog for more insights.