This year’s JEE Main and Advanced are over and future aspirants will now be gearing up for JEE 2019. JEE is one of the toughest entrance exams in the country and requires perseverance and hard work to crack it. Aspirants looking forward to it, generally takes around 2 years to prepare and JEE 2019 is less than a year away.
There are two stages of the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE): JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary education (CBSE), whereas JEE Advanced is conducted by a designated Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
More than lakhs of aspirants look forward to these exams to get themselves enrolled in the top engineering colleges of India. JEE Advanced is the only way for aspirants to take admissions in the prestigious IIT’s B. Tech stream and give themselves a chance to carve a bright future.
|Free Download : JEE Main & Advanced Previous Year Papers with Solutions|
Tips to ace the exam:
When the situation gets tough, the tough get going
An aspirant need to be very clear that cracking JEE isn’t a cakewalk, but it is not impossible to ace the exam. Here are a few tips to prepare for the exam:
- Goal Setting: When there is want there will always be a way. Once an aspirant is sure that JEE is his/her destiny then he/she should have the right attitude to set the goal and tackle the exam. JEE requires dedicated preparation of at least two years, hence setting small goals will help in doing preparation and also keeping things regular.
- Guidance: In the entire preparation process there will be times when an aspirant might feel lost and lose track of the vast syllabus. For eventualities like this, guidance is required to help and bring the aspirant to the right path. Joining coaching centers will not only help an aspirant to get guidance but also coaching materials are must-haves while preparing for JEE.
- An efficient Timetable: An exam such as this requires precision in planning and preparation. JEE 2019 is less than a year away so having a robust schedule is of utmost importance. Preparing for JEE is not only about studying Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics but also practicing numerous mock tests and solving previous year’s papers. Not having a proper schedule will leave a lot to juggle between and at the end can leave the aspirant confused and lost. In the final year of preparation, an aspirant should accommodate time for self-study, coaching, commuting and recreational activities in the timetable. The 24-hour day will fly past in a jiffy, so a mobile device will help an aspirant to study and to fill in the dead hours of the day.
- Motivation: Two years is a long time for a person to be doing anything without diverging from it. Monotony and boredom can set in very quickly and keeping up the motivation levels can become tricky. To overcome this situation an aspirant can look to other avenues like webinars, v-logs, podcasts to study and mix things up. It is not important that knowledge can come from books alone. The determination to achieve something itself is a great motivator.
- A healthy mind requires healthy lifestyle: The most ignored advice by aspirants is about maintaining good health. To be able to do constant preparations, an aspirant will require a healthy body and mind. One should not only eat healthily and avoid junk food but also make time to do some recreational activities. Besides health, this will keep the mind fresh and will help in effective preparation.
The year will pass by in a blink of an eye and without realizing the day of the exam will be in close proximity. It’s better to take action now and follow the tips than to repent later.
|Check Your Preparation Level: JEE Main Preparation Tracker Tool|
The tentative dates for JEE 2019:
|JEE Main Official Notification||November 2018|
|Application/Registration for JEE Main||December 2018|
|Last date to apply and fees payment for JEE Main||January 2019|
|Downloading Admit Card||March 2019|
|JEE Main Exam Date (Offline & Online)||April 2019|
|JEE Main Results||Last week of April 2019|
|JEE Advanced online registration||Last week of April 2019|
|Last Date to apply and fees payment for JEE Advanced||1st week of May 2019|
|Downloading Admit Card||2nd week of May 2019|
|JEE Advanced Exam Date||4th week of May 2019|
|JEE Advanced results||2nd week of June 2019|
Besides preparation, it is important to look out for the important dates, so that one doesn’t miss out the deadlines for the examination.